The type of person I am

A friend once asked me, " Have you just sit in a place and think about happy memories with your family or your friends? Like hanging out with your friends in a tent café, sipping a cup of hot black coffee, waiting the rain to stop and just talk and laugh with them or maybe your first trip to a zoo with your Mum and Dad?"

"No." I said.

Apparently I'm this kind of person. I don't try to remember, I don't preserve, and I don't keep any memories alive, neither it's good or it's bad. Sounds pathetic, but believe me I have my reason.

People are being unfair to memories. They keep the good ones and they throw away the bad ones. It's like they don't accept the bad things that happened to them and only praise all the good things.

They are not being true to themselves.

I grew up with not-so-great childhood memories, but I don't throw them away. I have lived in a magical family, I feel thankful for that, but I don't praise that memory. They are in my back, and my face is in the other side of it.

They said, "Memories are meant to be made" but they also choose whether to keep it or to throw it away, so what's the point of making it? On the other hand, what's the point of keeping it, tracking all over again when you can make it again some other time?

Yes, it's just I'm this kind of person.

Comments

Popular Posts