Qui Suis-je?
So, it has been bothering my mind lately about the open-fire that happened in Charlie Hebdo's headquarter. You can find yourself the chronology and the casualty in other website page, because that isn't what I'm about to write.
As for me, it started exactly the time when I'm addicted to this Belgian singer, Stromae, who happens to speaks French and sings French, and the event happened in France which speaks French. First thing first, do you get the correlation I'm trying to elaborate here? If you don't, then it doesn't actually matter, at all. So, it happened that Stromae's instagram account, @Stromaeofficial, post a picture with "Je Suis Charlie" words on it. So I started to browse what does it suppose to mean and I got what you guys also got. A shooting that caused fallen casualties and chaos both in France and world in the name of humanity, the freedom of speech, terrorism, and religious issue.
It saddened me to see how world responded to it like they were on 9/11. People started to generalized each other again, got themselves a bad perspective on particular belief again, you name it. I just don't get how we always end up in the same hole over and over again, or is it just the way it is 'till the world ends?
What I'm trying to say is, I can't accept how Charlie Hebdo cartoonized the prophet and the messenger of my belief (as well as mostly other muslim), but I also can't accept how some people who call themselves a muslim causing huge riot over this. We live in a vast world with so many distinctive belief, race, culture, perspective, etc. Can't we just deal with that? Those diverifications sure utter another distinctive customs. And those distinctive customs will eventually lead to a different standard of the do's and don't's.
Charlie Hebdo can't assert their freedom of speech to the level of we, the muslim, take it as a mockery, as well as the muslim fanatic can't just have this open-fire which some of them become a death sentence to some people. We can never reach the finish line if it goes on.
Can't we just keep it like, "Here, the non Islam believer, according to our belief and what we believe, we can never and is not allowed to try to construct a form of our God and the Prophets, that's our custom, leave it that way, go get yourself another figure for you to construct. Leave the properties of my belief away, as well as other particular belief." and "Here, muslim fanatic, you can't just shoot people to death while you're screaming 'Allahuakbar' for not doing what we think should not be done. Beside that, what do you expect from people who can easily takes their God and belief as a joke? Doesn't it make it easier to do it on others? It's their custom. And also I bet you know pretty well how Islam doesn't teach any kind of violence except in terms of punishment. And don't you dare taking it as your reason to do so, they are not even a muslim."
Talking about human rights and religion is sure a tricky act. It's like wandering to a tunnel with no ending known. You have the rights to take me as somehow a liberal for thinking so, but I never consider myself as one. I stand to The Article 19 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights that states "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive, and impart information and ideas through any media regardless of frontiers." and "Lakum diinukum waliyadiin." (For you is your religion, and for me is my religion). Regardless for what I'm trying to say above is, come on get your common sense straight! We are no longer a cavemen, so act like one. To respect each other is what makes us a human, Then to answer the question, qui suis-je? Je suis humain.
Comments
Post a Comment