On Happiness
So I happened to meet one of my close friends a few days ago. It's been probably a year that we haven't met. One thing that I can't really comprehend till date was his face of utter disbelief.
There were 2 to 3 times he asked me about how come that I look way much happier now than I looked a year ago. He even emphasizing that this is the happiest version of me he's ever seen.
On the way back home I can't hold but to think, do I really look that happy? Does my face really beam something?
When I arrived home, I got to the mirror, carefully analyzing my face. Then I found that my eyelids do lift a bit. That I no longer see everything in half-closed eyelids. Then I decided to scroll on my phone's gallery. Indeed, I no longer found much photos in somber manner. Most of them are bright with smiles.
Then I began to wonder once more. Did everything finally went alright? Then I rembembered that it didn't--on that everything counterpart, but it did oftentimes. And maybe there's that. Something I might say a kind of validation for everything I have decided and executed in this past few years.
So here it is, me saying, I'm pretty comfortable of where and how I am now. No longer wondering where is home because I can finally say I find one. No longer running from the past and even embracing it more. I cry--God knows how much, but the relieving part is how easy now I let everything out. Maybe that's also the significant part of making me how I look today.
Here's to more friends asking "How come?"!
Comments
Post a Comment